SPECIALIST SURFACES FINISHED TO THE HIGHEST STANDARDS
We offer a comprehensive range of finishes including coloured and specialist surface dressings – using a wide choice of aggregates to deliver the required finish – along with polymer-modified emulsions. Compared with standard K170 binder emulsions, PMEs enhance performance and are particularly suitable for high-stress sections of road, such as tight corners where ground water may be present.
GEOSYNTHETIC INTERLAYER – PAVEMENTS DESIGNED TO LAST
The life of surface dressing can be enhanced still further using a non-woven geosynthetic interlayer which is laid on the road surface ahead of the surface dressing process, forming retention and regulating layer for the bitumen and allowing embedment of the chip with good adhesion.
Tests have shown that the life of the treatment can be extended by 2-3 times due to the Stress Absorbing Membrane Interlayer (SAMI) which intercepts a reflective crack as it passes up through the lower layers preventing it propagating up to the surface. These cracks would otherwise allow water ingress and rapid deterioration of the surface.
- Increases the potential area for surface dressing repair – avoiding costly asphalt inlays
- Suppression of reflective cracks (SAMI effect)
- Extends the life of the system – saving costs on road possessions
- Prevents moisture and oxygen penetration – avoids freeze-thaw and oxidation of the lower layers
- Prevents bitumen spread or bleeding
- Installation is in line with surface dressing operation – no delays
- Low tack coat consumption, high adhesion, regulating effect – minimise the cost of bitumen
- Adheres strongly to jointed concrete surfaces
- Chemically resistant to alkalis in cement
- Stable at high temperature – survives installation
Our experienced technical team are able to carry out site inspections and will be able to advise you further on Geosynthetic Interlayers.